"Study: College completion gap between rich, poor widens.” Associated Press, February 3, 2015.
Big gap in college graduation rates for rich and poor, study finds; new report from the University of Pennsylvania and the Pell Institute for Study of Opportunity in Higher Education, Wall Street Journal, February 4, 2015.
"Is your first-grader college ready.” Education Life, New York Times, February 8, 2015.
"New college promise database,” Inside HigherEd, October 25, 2016.
Times Higher Education, August 29, 2016: AHEAD Senior Scholar Alan Ruby and Penn GSE alumnus Bonnie Yingfei He write about China's first branch campus in Malaysia
Times Higher Education, July 14, 2016: AHEAD Senior Scholar Alan Ruby spotlights the untold stories of America's regional universities
Inside Higher Ed, June 22, 2016: Senior Scholar Peter Eckel comments on the governance shake-up at the University of Louisville
University World News, June 21, 2016: Senior Scholar Alan Ruby writes about "Brexit" and the implications for global higher education
Diverse Issues in Higher Education, June 19, 2016: AHEAD Executive Director Laura Perna speaks about the LeBron James Family Foundation's partnership with the University of Akron's I PROMISE program
Times Higher Education, April 28, 2016: AHEAD Executive Director Laura Perna speaks about Obama's free community college plan and America's Promise Grants
Inside Higher Ed, April 28, 2016: Senior Scholar Peter Eckel and Cathy Trower unpack the importance of understanding board culture
EducationDIVE, April 21, 2016: AHEAD research shows that degree attainment is up, but income gaps in attainment persist.
- Click here to access the entire Indicators of Higher Education Equity in the United States — 2016 Historical Trend Report published by PennAHEAD and the Pell Insitute for the Study of Opportunity in Higher Education.
- Inside Higher Ed, April 20, 2016: Study: Wealthy Students Still Much More Likely to Earn Bachelor's Degree.
- For additional news coverage on the Indicators of Higher Education Equity in the United States — 2016 Historical Trend Report, please see: MarketWatch, Education Week, The Daily Free Press, Builder, Politico, The Daily Californian, Cleveland.com, Gawker, The Atlantic, The Christian Science Monitor, The Hechinger Report.
International Educator, November 23, 2015: Senior Scholar Alan Ruby provides international higher education expertise about the next 25 years of international education for NASFA's 25th anniversary of International Educator
The Chronicle of Higher Education, August 17, 2015: AHEAD Executive Director Laura Perna notes that one indicator of whether a college serves a high share of students from low-income families is its percentage of Pell Grant recipients
Times Higher Education, July 30, 2015: Senior Scholar Alan Ruby says that it's a pity that the efforts of myriad institutions striving daily to help students of diverse backgrounds are eclipsed by Ivy League tales
Youth Today, May 13, 2015: Campus Jobs Make College Familiar for High Schoolers in Program.
Youth Today, May 13, 2015: Newark Program Prepares Low-Income Teens for College, Workforce.
Penn News, May 6, 2015: Penn GSE's Laura Perna testifies to House Subcommittee on Higher Education Issues
WBFO 88.7: Buffalo's NPR News Station, March 31, 2015: Expert shares thoughts on higher education.
The New York Times, February 4, 2015: AHEAD Executive Director Laura Perna notes college preparation advantage for wealthier families.
- Click here to access the entire Indicators of Higher Education Equity in the United States: 45-Year Trend Report published by PennAHEAD and the Pell Institute for the Study of Opportunity in Higher Education.
- The Hill, February 11, 2015: Improving equity in higher-education attainment is imperative.
- For additional news coverage on the Indicators of Higher Education Equity in the United States: 45-Year Trend Report, please see: ABC News, The Chronicle of Higher Education Finance Section, The Huffington Post, The Chronicle of Higher Education Opinion Blog, The Wall Street Journal, GSE News, The Boston Globe, The LA Times, CNN Money, Inside Higher Education, The Stock Market Watch.
Times Higher Education, January 29, 2015: AHEAD Senior Scholar Alan Ruby says financing options fail to live up to the promises made by politicians
Times Higher Education, January 8, 2015: AHEAD Senior Scholar Alan Ruby writes about the complexity of choice and diversity in higher education opportunities
Times Higher Education, November 27, 2014: AHEAD Senior Scholar Alan Ruby comments on the discounting trend at US universities
Penn News, June 25, 2014: AHEAD Executive Director Matt Hartley's work in Belfast highlighted in Penn News
Inside Higher Ed, April 3, 2014: Inflation Plus Whatever
American RadioWorks, March 18, 2014: The Attainment Agenda
The Huffington Post, March 9, 2014: Colleges Are Quietly Shifting The Burden Of Tuition Increases To Poor Families
The Dallas Morning News, March 7, 2014: Poorer families bearing brunt of college price hikes, data shows
The Wall Street Journal, February 28, 2014: A Low-Cost Strategy for a College Degree
Laura Perna of the Penn Graduate School of Education says scholarships are especially important for students working their way through community college.
American Educational Research Association, February, 2014: New AERA Fellows to Be Inducted at 2014 Annual Meeting
Washington Post, January 28, 2014: High School Graduation Rates Reach a High in Maryland
Laura Perna of the Graduate School of Education says, “It’s good news that the high school graduation rate among Hispanics has increased, but it still is considerably below the average.”
Readiness for the learning economy: Insights from OECD's Survey of Adult Skills on Workforce Readiness and Preparation
Inside Higher Ed, February 13, 2014: Effort to Build Adults' Skills Called a 'Team Sport'
The Chronicle of Higher Education, February 12, 2014: New Approaches Are Urged for Adult Education and Skills Training
Inside Higher Ed, December 3, 2014: Reactions to the Inaugural Leading Academic Change Summit
Inside Higher Ed, March 11, 2014: New Typology for International Scholarship Programs